“I’ll take him. I’ll take all of you. And I’ll feast on your flesh as I feed on your fear.”
How about feasting on this baby IT cake instead? Our horror recipe for July includes a yellow cake with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream, fondant and red gel colouring for blood. Here, a quick and easy recipe from @alisonsthoughtfulbites.
Yellow Cake Recipe:
- 2 1/4 cup cake flour (sifted)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter (room temp.)
- 4 egg yolks and 2 egg whites (separate)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- preheat oven (bake) 350 degrees (25-35mins depending on your oven – it’s cooked when I toothpick comes out clean).
- beat butter and sugar for 2 mins on high.
- add one egg yolk at a time.
- add vanilla extract.
- mix the rest of the dry ingredients together other than the cream of tartar.
- add 1/2 of the buttermilk and 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the mixture. Mix on low.
- add the rest of the buttermilk and dry ingredients.
- whip egg whites and cream of tartar on high for 3-4 mins (until stiff peaks form).
- gently fold egg whites into the batter.
- cook cake(s) completely on a rack before decorating.
To find more fun recipes, follow Alison here and stay tuned for our August horror recipe!
Make sure to JUST eat the cake!
You might also like
More from Horror Lifestyle
Music To Die To: Volume 5
Every summer, Rabbit in Red releases horror playlists featuring songs from some of the best scary movies. Now, we’re back with Music …
Music To Die To: Volume 4
Last summer, Rabbit in Red posted a series of horror playlists featuring a curation of songs from your favourite scary movies. Now, we're …
Slash’n Fashion: Campground Horror
Camp Crystal Lake, Camp Arawak, Camp Bloodbath - these remote locations seem to have not only murder sprees but also …