“I’ll take him. I’ll take all of you. And I’ll feast on your flesh as I feed on your fear.”
How about feasting on this baby IT cake instead? Our horror recipe for July includes a yellow cake with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream, fondant and red gel colouring for blood. Here, a quick and easy recipe from @alisonsthoughtfulbites.
Yellow Cake Recipe:
- 2 1/4 cup cake flour (sifted)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter (room temp.)
- 4 egg yolks and 2 egg whites (separate)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- preheat oven (bake) 350 degrees (25-35mins depending on your oven – it’s cooked when I toothpick comes out clean).
- beat butter and sugar for 2 mins on high.
- add one egg yolk at a time.
- add vanilla extract.
- mix the rest of the dry ingredients together other than the cream of tartar.
- add 1/2 of the buttermilk and 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the mixture. Mix on low.
- add the rest of the buttermilk and dry ingredients.
- whip egg whites and cream of tartar on high for 3-4 mins (until stiff peaks form).
- gently fold egg whites into the batter.
- cook cake(s) completely on a rack before decorating.
To find more fun recipes, follow Alison here and stay tuned for our August horror recipe!
Make sure to JUST eat the cake!