What better time than the present to brush up on your baking skills? Here, a quick and easy recipe for Ghostface Shortbread Cookies with royal icing. Below are the instructions courtesy of @alisonsthoughtfulbites!
Ghostface Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temp.)
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar (sifted)
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your pan with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and confectioners sugar together for 5mins, until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Form balls or put the cookie dough in a piping bag to make different shapes. If you form balls, you can use a fork to gently press down on them. If you don’t want to ice them, add sprinkles right before they go in the oven.
- Bake for 14-16 mins. Turn halfway and keep an eye on them; they will burn quickly! Let cool for 5-10mins before transferring to a cooling rack.
To find more fun recipes, follow Alison here and stay tuned for our June horror recipe!
Make sure not to eat them all in one sitting!