Barbie, eat your heart out!
Alison is back with another horror-related dessert recipe! This time she’s whipped up Bride of Chucky cupcakes. Below are the vanilla cake, vanilla buttercream frosting and fondant details.
American Buttercream Vanilla Frosting
- 1 cup of salted butter (room temp.)
- 3 teaspoons of real vanilla extract
- 4 cups of confectioners’ sugar (sifted)
- 5-6 tablespoons of whipping cream
- Wilton ‘White-White Icing Color’ (a liquid product that can be found at Michaels or Bulk Barn. You can use it to whiten any icing.)
- Whip butter with a paddle attachment for 2 mins (until the colour lightens).
- Add 2 cups of confectioners’ sugar, as well as the extract and whipping cream.
- Mix on low speed until combine.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of confectioners’ sugar and mix until combine.
- If you want the frosting thinned out, add more whipping cream.
- If you want the frosting stiff, add more confectioners’ sugar.
- You can sub the Vanilla extract for another extract if you wish (ex. almond, cinnamon, maple etc).
- Add the whitener at the very end until the desired colour is achieved (a little goes a long way).
- If you mix your icing on a higher speed you can end up with little air bubbles.
- Using a wooden spoon once the frosting is made can help remove some of the bubbles.
To find more fun recipes, follow Alison here and stay tuned for our April horror recipe!
Make sure to smash the plate when you’re done!